The front page already indicates the predominant theme for the IFSR in 2006 and for this Newsletter: Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the IFSR and in parallel the 25th anniversary of the IFSR Newsletter.
We will honour the past editors of our Newsletters and show you some nostalgic pictures of old Newsletters exhibiting the various layouts we have used over the years.
We then report on the 25-year celebration itself, which was held on April 19, 2006. at the site of the Vienna University. The whole celebration day has been filmed by a camera-team and we are planning to condense it into a one-hour DVD to be available in the first half of 2007.
We report on the Board Meeting, its decisions and the election of the new Executive Committee of the IFSR. A short account of each of the IFSR’s projects is also included. The Fuschl Conversation 2006 was also completely different to previous ones. We bring a short summary of the result. A full report is contained in the proceedings, which have been published and distributed during July 2006.
One major project is just starting. In order to be able to fulfil the various new challenges for the IFSR we have decided to refurbish our web site. Read more about it inside.
As usual you will also find some reports from our members.
This leaves me to wish you all
A Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year 2007.
Table of Contents
25 Years of the IFSR Newsletter 3
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of IFSR 6
- The starting point of the IFSR 8
- What is the IFSR today? 9
- Ross Ashby Memorial Lecture of the IFSR 12
Systems theory – a worldview and/or a methodology, Matjaž MULEJ 12
- Systemic reflexions on the Mankind-Planet System in the making, Charles Francois 15
- Greetings from Charles Francois 16
- The Fuschl Conversation 2006 Towards a New Future16
- Team 1: Fuschl Extension 17
- Topic 5: Unity as a Part of Diversity 18
- Journal of Systems Research and Behavioural Science 19
- The IFSR Book Series on Systems Science and Engineering 19
- Current Projects of the IFSR 20
- International Academy of Systems Science and Cybernetics 20
- Report from the Bertalanffy Center for the Study of Systems Science 20
- Project: ESCO – The International Encyclopaedia of Systems and Cybernetic 21
- Sponsoring the EMCSR 2006 21
- The IFSR Website 22
- Report of the Secretary/Treasurer 22
- Executive Committee Meeting, 2006 22
- IFSR Board Meeting 2006 23
- The new Executive Committee 24
- Curriculum Vitae of Prof. Dr. Matjaz Mulej 24
- Message from the New President 25
- Lessons from Fuschl 2006 25
- Our Members 27
- French Association for Systems Sciences AFSCET 28
- Centre for Hyperincursion and Anticipation in Ordered Systems (Chaos) 28
- GESI and new Latin American Systemic Societies 28
- Hellenic Society for Systemic Studies (HSSS) 29
- Italian Systems Society 29
- Slovenian Systems Research Society 30
- 51st Annual meeting of the International Society for the Systems Sciences in Tokyo 30
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Kybernetik 31
- Glimpses of the IFSR Conference in Kobe 32