The most important event during the 2nd half of 2010 was the first public appearance of the International Academy of Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS) after its official foundation at the Board Meeting of the IFSR in April 2010. This was highlighted by the first General Assembly in Chengdu, China, parallel to a conference on issues relevant to the IASCYS. Special thanks go to our Chinese hosts at the university of Chengdu for organizing this event.
This has triggered a second achievement: After several years we again have more than one IFSR Newsletter per year and I hope to be able to keep up with this ambitious target.
We also have the first French language report in the Newsletter; so that English is not our only language of communication.
Please accept my very best Season’s Greetings and all the best wishes for a Successful New Year.
With my best wishes
Table of Contents
- IFSR President’s Message, Gary Metcalf… 3
- International Academy of Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS)… 4
- IASCYS Academicians … 5
- Appointment of candidates to the IASCYS … 6
- General Assembly 2010 of the IASCYS … 6
- Proceedings of ISSS 2010 (July 18-23, 2010) … 8
- Workshop on Disaster Prevention and Recovery – Systemic Challenges … 8
- 15th IFSR Conversation 2010: Pernegg, April 2010 … 8
- 16th IFSR Conversation 2012: St. Magdalena April 14 to 19, 2012 … 9
- Cybernetics of Cybernetics—a Competition … 9
- GESI: Argentine Association of Systems and Cybernetics … 10
- AFSCET: Association française de science des systemes … 10
- BCSSS: Diaries of Maria von Bertalanffy saved for posterity… 12