A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Looking back, I realize that I am already serving my third year as editor of this Newsletter – and I would like to assure you that it is a very enjoyable task. May I voice a wish for the New Year and hope, that we will receive even more pieces of information from you – especially small items on events taking place in your country, upcoming events and reports on past events. I believe that the latest changes (partial printing in the USA) have improved the turnaround time. I would like to express our sincere thanks to Gordon Rowland from Ithaca College for having done the printing in the USA! I think that the speeding up is even more important than the financial side. Therefore, lets endeavour to make the IFSR Newsletter an even better support of communication. If you have new ideas, please contact me. It is primarily YOUR Newsletter!
I would like to point your attention to the discussion on AST on page 6.
You probably know that IFSR is essentially working on a biannual rhythm – every even year there is the EMCSR Meeting in Vienna and in parallel meetings of the IFSR. Therefore you will find in this and the next Newsletters some information and ideas which should lead to fruitful meetings and to a more active IFSR in the years to come.
Systemtechnik und Automation
Johannes Kepler University Linz, 4040 Linz, Austria
Table of Contents
- Building An Authentic and Contributing Systems Community, Bela H. Banathy…1
The Development of Knowledge and Science on Systems, Genesis and Motivation, Mieczyslaw Bazewicz…2
- Information Based design of Social Systems, B. Antal Banathy…3
- Project Reports
- A Network Model for Prioritization of Factors Affecting Software Development Productivity…4
- MWOOD & KOMDOM.CASE…4
Conference Reports: Konrad Zuse honored in Namur…5
- Conference Announcements: 10th Internat. Congress of Systems and Cybernetics August 26-31, 1996, Bucharest, Romania…5
- From the Secretary/Treasurer…6
- Do we need Computer Aided Systems Theory? – A Discussion, Jimmy (Werner) Schimanovich…6
Marconi Wireless Telegraphy Station, Franz Pichler…7
- Calendar of Events…8