Dear Readers! Dear Members!
As you can see, there are quite a number of news to report this year:
In April 2004 the IFSR had its bi-annual Board Meeting, in parallel with the also bi-annual EMCSR-Conference in Vienna. The most important event was the election of the officers of the IFSR. No change was made to the Executive Committee, the same persons stay in office.
The Board Meeting is always followed by the Fuschl Conversation. It was again a very successful event, continuing in the tradition and also with the topics of the 2002 Conversation.
A special highlight was the sudden appearance of the legacy of Ludwig von Bertalanffy. I will describe some of the exciting activities surrounding it.
Upon the suggestion of the ISKSS, the International Society of Knowledge and Systems Science, one of our Japanese members the IFSR will for the first time not only support a conference (like EMCSR, CAST and others), but the we plan to organize our own systems conference in November 2005 in Kobe, Japan.
Another highlight for IFSR is the publication of the 2nd editions of the “Encyclopaedia of Systems and Cybernetics” by Charles Francois. The IFSR has pledged that it will continue to maintain and continue its expansion and maintenance. Günter Ossimitz was elected Editor-in-Chief of the Encyclopaedia Project.
Last but not least I would like to point you to the homepage of the IFSR:
http://www.ifsr.org, where you find more information on many of the items the Newsletter touches and also useful links to further information
Table of Contents
Fuschl Conversation 2004…2
- Team 1: Building a New Agora …3
- Team 2: Designing Systems for Human Betterment …7
- Team 3: Foundations of Information Science …8
- Team 4: Being Social Systems …11
- Team 5: Towards Y3K: …13
- a 2004 perspective on hominization with some emphasis on educational systems …13
- IFSR Board Meeting 2004 …15
- Executive Committee of the IFSR …15
- Support of EMCSR …15
- From Macroscopic To Ultramicroscopic: Some Current Problems In Biocybernetics …16
- Members of the IFSR …16
- The IFSR Website …17
L. v. Bertalanffy returns home!…17
- Book: Charles Francois: Encyclopaedia of Systems and Cybernetics …18
- The future: ESCO – The International Encyclopaedia of Systems and Cybernetics…19
- Book: Adolf Adam, G. Chroust: …20
- From the celestial clockwork to the Statistical Factory …20