Based on the recommendations and considerations of the Fuschl conversation of 2006 we have tried to envigorate the IFSR by providing an active web site. We had our bi-annual board Meeting in Vienna on April 7th, 2010 during which a new Executive Committee was elected, with Gary Metcalf as our new president. To our regret Matjaz Mulej and Yoshiteru Nakamori have retired from their offices. This time we elected three vice presidents: Kyoichi Jim Kijima, Amanda Gregory and Leonie Solomons.
You will find a report on the IFSR activities which took place in and around Vienna in parallel to the Board Meetings.
And I should mention another change. Instead of issuing one thick newsletter we will try to publish several smaller ones containing more up–to–date information.
I have to apologize to have overlooked to publish a December issue of the Newsletter. But the most up-to-date news are on the internet, anyway. This is now our primary medium of information exchange and communication – please use and support it by supplying information and comments.
Table of Contents
- The New Executive Committee of the IFSR …2
- Summary of the IFSR Board Meeting 2010 …3
- Activities of the IFSR in Vienna…3
Ross Ashby Memorial Lecture: Grand Challenges for Computer Science Research, Johannes Eder…5
15th Pernegg Conversation 2010…5
- Team 1: Creating Systems Education Curricula …7
- Team 2: The Science of Service Systems …7
- Team 3: Learning Systems for Sustainability …8
- Team 4: Systems Science and Systems Engineering …9
- The International Academy of Systems and Cybernetic Sciences (IASCYS)…9