We are happy to cordially invite you to participate at the 2nd RESPONDER Multinational Knowledge Brokerage Event on Sustainable Mobility:
Towards Sustainable Mobility in European Cities – Insights and Issues for Policy Makers and Researchers
Date: March 21-22, 2013
Venue: Hotel Danube Bratislava/Slovak Republic
with high-level keynote speakers from policy, science and society:
- Representative of the Slovak Ministry of the Environment, Bratislava (tbc)
- Petter Næss, The Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB), Aas/Norway
- Martin Schreiner, City of Munich/Germany
- Heinz Hoegelsberger, Austrian Federation of Trade Unions, Vienna/Austria
- Johannes Hartwig, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Karlsruhe/Germany
- Jakob Hurrle, Charles University, Prague/Czech Republic
- Representative of the European Commission/DG Mobility and Transport, Brussels (tbc)
Organised by the Institute for Forecasting Studies of the Slovak Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the Slovak Ministry of the Environment, the event will draw together a selected group of researchers, policy-makers, activists and business representatives from the EU and neighbouring countries.
Questions we plan to explore include:
- What are the trends in urban mobility and what could we learn from adverse and promising examples?
- What are the policies and practices to strengthen sustainable urban mobility and to promote sustainable mobility lifestyles?
- What are the visions of low-carbon, secure and competitive mobility systems in cities?
- How could sustainable mobility approaches reduce spatial segregation, urban sprawl and promote social inclusion?
- How to move towards effective mobility policy making in the real world?
This event will be a moderated, open discussion among about 35-40 experts stimulated by several keynotes. We would very much appreciate if you would join us and share your views and experiences on the topic. Your participation would add vital perspective to this timely debate!
In order to register for the event, please go to http://www.scp-responder.eu/community/my_registrations or send us the completed registration form (which you can download here in Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration will be open until 10 February 2013!
With kind regards, on behalf of the RESPONDER consortium
Richard Filcak, PhD.
Institute for Forecasting Studies/Slovak Academy of Sciences
Sancova 56, 811 05 Bratislava/Slovak Rep.