The 14th International Symposium on Knowledge and Systems Sciences (KSS’2013) will be held in Ningbo, China during October 25-27, 2013.
KSS2013 Theme: “Knowledge Creation toward Emergency Management”
Call for Participation
KSS2013 is the annual meeting by the International Society for Knowledge and Systems Sciences.
Scope of KSS’2013
The presentations and papers at KSS2013 are expected to cover but not limited to the following areas:
- Creation of agent-based social systems sciences
- Cross-cultural learning on systems thinking and knowledge management
- Complex system modeling and complexity
- Decision analysis and decision support systems
- Knowledge creation, creativity support, awareness support, etc.
- Knowledge discovery, data mining, text mining, recommendation system, etc.
- Knowledge systems engineering and knowledge management
- Meta-synthesis and advanced modeling
- Problem structuring methods and system methodologies toward wicked problems
- Service systems science
- Smart city
- Social dynamic network modeling
- Social media and societal management
- Web intelligence tools
Confirmed Invited Talks
- Simon French (University of Warwick, UK), “Cynefin, Decision Analysis and Emeergency Management” (50 minutes)
- Zhongtuo Wang (Chinese Academy of Engineering & DLUT, China), “System Intuition and Kahneman’s Fast Thinking” (40 minutes)
- Jian Chen (Tsinghua University, China), “Performance of new product development and sources of idea generation in China” (40 minutes)
- 3 feature talks for Data Science Forum are to be determined.
Intensive School on Knowledge and Systems Sciences
- Jifa Gu (顾基发，ISS-CAS, China), “WSR System Approach and its Practice to Queuing Problem in Expo2010” (物理-事理-人理系统方法论与世博排队)
- Yoshiteru Nakamori (JAIST, Japan), “Knowledge Creation Systems for Regional Revitalization” (地域复兴的知识创造系统)
- Kyoichi Kijima (Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan), “Service Systems Science” (服务系统科学)
- Yanzhong Dang (党延忠,DLUT, China), “Knowledge Systems Engineering and Knowledge Management” (知识系统工程与知识管理)
(KSS School provides feature lectures toward practical wicked problem solving by KSS influential systems scientists.)
- Wang, Shouyang (CAS Academy of Mathemnatics and Systems Science, China)
- Nakamori, Yoshiteru (Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan)
- Jin, Weiliang (Ningbo Insitute of Technology, Zhejiang University, China)
- International Society for Knowledge and Systems Sciences, an IFSR member
- CAS Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, China
Local Host: Ningbo Insitute of Technology, Zhejiang University, China
- Institute of Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
- Dalian University of Technology
- Shanghai Academy of Systems Science
- Systems Engineering Society of China
- IEEE SMC Beijing Chapter
- KMIRC, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Paper Submission and Publication
Both abstracts and full-length papers are welcome. Submission email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For final camera-ready accepted papers, please follow both Word and Latex paper templates downloadable from KSS2013 Web site.
Abstract is for those people who want to give presentations at KSS2013 without full-length papers. Abstract will be reviewed and notified acceptance before October 10, 2013. Only ONE abstract per registered participant will be accepted.
Full-length submission will be reviewed by at least 2 PC members or technical experts. All accepted paper will be published by JAIST Press with ISBN.
All on-site presented papers are welcome to submit the modified versions according to the review comments and on-site Q&A to the official journal of ISKSS, International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science (GI Global)
Some selected papers will be recommended to the following SCI journals based on authors’ desires.
- Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering (SCI, Springer)
- Journal of Systems Science and Complexity (SCI, Springer)
KSS2013 organizers do not guarantee the final acceptance by above 3 journals as paper extension & modification and journal re-review will be underwent under the journal standards. Authors of pure computer related papers can select computer-related journals recommended by local host.
- July 31, 2013: Deadline for full-length paper submission.
- August 31, 2013: Notification of acceptance.
- September 20, 2013: Final version of accepted papers; deadline for paper publication registration.
(Each paper needs to pay to ensure paper to be included into KSS2013 proceedings by JAIST Press with ISBM. One paper publication payment also means bonus to each paper contact author with both 2014 ISKSS membership and 2014 e-subscription to International Journal of Knowledge and Systems Science.)
- September 30, 2013: Deadline for abstract and early registration of KSS2013
(It is to faciliate interesting people who want to give presentations at KSS2013 with no full-length papers. Abstract will be reviewed and notified acceptance before October 10, 2013. Only ONE abstract per registered participant will be accepted).
(KSS2013 registration means participation registration for all KSS2013 activities during Oct 25-27, 2013.)
- October 25-27, 2013: KSS2013 main activities
General contact, abstract and paper submission: email@example.com (Prof. Xijin Tang)
(* Please indicate the topic(s) of the submission in the subject of the email.)